The Execution of Precision
Surge Cardiovascular is an FDA registered ISO 13485 certified medical device manufacturer that designs, develops, manufactures, and markets open heart surgical products for cardiothoracic surgeons and clinicians worldwide. In 2010 the company was acquired by Alliant Healthcare, LLC. Alliant, founded in 2002, has enjoyed phenomenal growth under the stewardship of CEO Bob Taylor.
- One of the top 50 medical device suppliers to the Federal Government
- Recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 15 Fastest Growing Healthcare Companies the U.S.
Taylor’s military background, and the penchant for precision that he developed as an aviator, is reflected in the culture and operations at Surge Cardiovascular. Our success is a function of a relentless dedication to operational excellence, and an unwavering commitment to helping military veterans. Both the premise, and the promise are simple:
Deliver the highest quality medical equipment and devices, at the lowest price, at the right time, to best support the women and men who defend our nation. Then do the the exact same thing for commercial acute care hospitals and medical facilities.
Our mission is to be, through customer-focused change and innovation, the most respected and successful provider of healthcare products and services as viewed by our stakeholders. Excellence, integrity and respect for people are the cornerstones of the Surge Cardiovascular culture and as such, are foundational to all we do.
Our Milestones to Mission Success are:
- Achieving excellence in all we do – finding the best in class and becoming the new benchmark
- Establishing the highest standards in the creation and delivery of superior quality and value for our customers
- Growing our business with unparalleled drive and determination to reach beyond the expectations of our customers
- Holding ourselves to an uncompromising commitment to great leadership
- Expanding our expertise through the power of diversity for the benefit of ourselves and our customers
- Taking ownership of our commitments and working with a sense of urgency
- Caring about each other, building trust, and sharing in our successes
Who We Are
Surge Cardiovascular is the Class I and Class II medical device manufacturing arm of Alliant Healthcare, specializing in open heart surgical products for cardiothoracic surgeons and clinicians worldwide. The entire Surge Cardiovascular cannulae portfolio is distributed across North America, South America, the Middle East and Asia.
The company’s compass, our organizational guiding principles, are based on our “Pillars of Belief”‘
- Passion for exceeding our customers’ needs
- Dedication to great leadership
- Devotion to quality
- Commitment to accountability
- Genuine concern for all stakeholders
We are supporters of our nation’s veterans. We are pursuers of excellence. We are healthcare professionals.
How We Work
We engage our stakeholders, especially the clinicians and physicians that use our products. Their feedback drives innovation, change, and product development. They are the Voice-Of-the Customer that sets our course.
We embrace processes. We document them, measure them, analyze them, and continually improve them.